I love finding simple lamb recipes, when I cook with lamb I usually make Indian dishes which take at least an hour to make. This was a nice simple recipe that didn’t take too long to prepare and tasted great.
- Ingredients for the meatballs:
- 1 pound of ground lamb
- 1/4th cup of diced white onion
- 1 tablespoon of finely chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon of finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 2-4 cloves of garlic, finely chopped ( I love garlic so used 4)
- 1 teaspoon of ground coriander
- 3/4 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- Ingredients for yogurt:
- 6 ounces of whole-milk Greek yogurt or Goat yogurt( I used goat yogurt)
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons of freshly chopped mint
- 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
- Zest of 1 lemon
For the meatballs mix all ingredients in a large bowl and mix throughly with your hands. Form into balls. To cook them you can either place them on a baking sheet in the oven at 375*F for 20-25 minutes. I decided to fry them, I fried them in a combination of bacon fat/coconut oil, turn them over every 3-5 minutes until the are no longer pink in the middle. It took approximately 15 minutes to cook them.
While the meatballs are cooking, combine all of the yogurt ingredients in a small bowl and season with salt and pepper( I forgot to do this, and it tasted fine). Mix well and serve with meatballs.